Matthew Kurz - Updates & Prayers

Periodic updates on Matthew's condition and ongoing prayers and words of encouragement for Matthew and his family.

April 28, 2006

Update - 4/28/06

Matthew is being taken to the hospital earlier than expected this morning. He was originally scheduled to just have his foot taken care of. Now they have decided that he needs to have a shunt put in to reduce the swelling in the ventricles of the brain. They will do both procedures while he's at the hospital. He is tentatively expected to stay at the hospital through to Monday. Please pray for the Lord's guidance for the surgeons and medical team and protection for Matthew!

Brenda also asked me to tell you that Matthew hasn't been wanting to eat for a couple of days. He clamps his mouth shut and they can't get him to open up. Thankfully, he is still getting nourishment through the feeding tube.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. . . For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Isaiah 41:10, 13

Rachel Asburry
Matthew's godmother

2 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i pray.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We at St John's have been praying all day for Matthew!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home