Matthew Kurz - Updates & Prayers

Periodic updates on Matthew's condition and ongoing prayers and words of encouragement for Matthew and his family.

February 15, 2006

Update - 2/15/06

There has been a delay!

After Matthew's surgery on his collarbone, they said they needed to wait 36 hours before moving him to Rusk Center. This is to confirm that he doesn't have an adverse reaction to the medications/sedations used during the surgery. So, he won't be moved to Rusk until late Thursday, but more likely on Friday.

Also, they didn't take the trach out afterall. It had be left in for emergency purposes for the time being.

Brenda is by Matthew's side all day today - with encouragement and comfort for her son.

A note to all who read these updates and messages: I will be putting together a journal for Matthew of all the words of encouragement, notices of prayers uplifted, and anything that was shared on the yahoogroups site as well as comments on these "blogs". If you would like to add to this journal, please do so by submitting comments to the updates! When Matthew gets to the point when he can read again and learn about the days and weeks that he's mentally missed, I'm sure he will enjoy reading the words of love and encouragement that have been shared on a regular basis. This will also be a journal of encouragement for Andrew, as well as the rest of the family.

Rachel Asburry
Matthew's godmother

7 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i must continue thanking you for these constant updates....they are such loving words...hopeful words...my prayers will continue as well...for all of you....mrs.l.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just want Matthew to know we are thinking of him and all of you. Thank you for the constant updates, we check them regularly. We're glad to know *Biscuits* is doing better as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Barry Pabst and Family

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the updates. During my morning prayers, I ask God to show improvements every day. God is good and I see that Matthew is showing signs of improvement. To God be the glory :)
    Tonya Wahl

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, Randy and Rachel, for this means for us to stay in touch with the "needs and rejoices" for all of the Kurz family. Have many praying for Matthew. A frequent question, "What's the latest on Matthew?". He is getting to be a pretty popular kid, and now sharing the site gives everyone a chance to stay in touch and a gift and priviledge to pray.
    Prayers continue...praise and thanksgiving!!!!
    God Bless and Angel Hugs...Marcia

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wanted to let the Kurz family know we include them in our preayers each and every day. We recently visited Eureka Springs and went to the statue of Jesus at the site of the Great Passion Play and both my husband David and I kneeled and said a prayer for Matthew and his family. I don't think I've ever felt HIS presence as strong as I did that day. Please let Erich know I miss seeing him in the Pawn shop rumaging through the cd's for Matthew!! Hope to see him soon!!

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had the pleasure of taking care of Matthew the few weeks he was in the PICU at the University of Missouri Hospital. I hope he continues to get better. My thoughts are with Matthew and his entire family.
    Nikki Stewart, RN

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would just like to say thank you for the updates. I didnt know matthew very well but he is still in my prayers. His girlfriend Paige is one of my close friends and I have helped her through some of these times. I will still keep you in my prayers. And I an super glad to see that *Biscuits* is back at school and is back to his old self. And i hope Matthew progresses like we all want him to.God Bless
    Sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home